- How do I find out whether my sander is affected?
- Bosch Power Tools is conducting a voluntary safety-related measure for a limited number of sanders manufactured from June through to August 2007. This comprises sander models PSS 2 A, PSS 20 A, PSS 190 AC, PSS 200 A, PSS 200 AC, PSS 250 A, PSS 250 AE and PSS 2000 A.
To check whether your sander is affected, you require the device number and serial number of your device. You can find this information on the type plate of your device. On the homepage you can see where exactly the type plate is located. Here you can also check in real time whether your device is affected. Alternatively you can contact our staff directly using the contact details stated on the homepage.
- Why is Bosch Power Tools conducting this safety-related measure?
- In the course of our ongoing quality controls we have determined that a material defect of the ventilation wheel can occur with a limited number of sanders. This could lead to the ventilation wheel inside the device breaking. This could cause a break in the device housing and smaller parts of the ventilation wheel could be ejected. It cannot be ruled out that this could lead to injuries. Further, live components could be exposed which in a worst case scenario could result in a life-threatening electric shock. However, we are not aware of any such cases.
In order to meet our responsibility towards you, our customer, we have decided to recall the affected devices as a precaution and exchange them for new devices. Naturally, this exchange will be free of charge to you.
- What do I have to do if my sander is affected?
- With immediate effect, the sanders involved may no longer be used or provided to others to use. Bosch Power Tools will offer you a free product exchange if your device is affected. Please contact us using the contact details stated on the homepage, and we will be happy to explain how return and exchange are performed in your country.
- My sander is affected but works fine. Do I still have to return it?
- Yes, you still have to return the sander. With immediate effect, the sanders involved may no longer be used or provided to others to use. Bosch Power Tools offers you free exchange of your affected device. Please contact us using the contact details stated on the homepage, and we will be happy to explain how return and exchange is performed in your country.
- How long will it take to receive a replacement device?
- We will of course endeavour to exchange the device as quickly as possible.
- By when do I have to contact you regarding this campaign?
- The campaign does not have a time limit.
Please contact us using the contact details stated on the homepage if you have any other questions, and we will be happy to answer them.